Nicholas Stafford & Jessica Aurbeck
We celebrate America's birthday the same day we celebrate the first day we met. In 2010 David, Jes' brother, brought her over to a 4th of July party that my friend was throwing in downtown Peoria, IL. Jes and I hit it off and ended up dancing the night away. Due to (accidental) unforeseen circumstances, we didn't go on our first date until late April of 2011. Jes had found out that I liked her but I wasn't aware that she knew. Once February came around and Jes was single, I stepped up to the plate and asked her sister in law to ask her if she liked me (sound like 6th grade all over again?). Obviously she said YES and I asked her to see "Hop", a movie about bunnies, with me on Easter weekend. While they weren't playing that movie (not sure why) we saw a funny movie called "Rio." Ten days later, on May 1st, 2011 we made it "Facebook official" and the rest, as they say, is history.
Destination(s): Punta Cana!!
It's official! As of January 17th, 2013, we're heading to the Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar San Pablo Collection resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic! Here's the link through CheapCaribbean.com:
Here's the link through Trip Advisor:
A few highlights of this beautiful resort:
1. It's one of four properties located next to each other (other ones are the "Esmeralda", "Punta Cana" and "Bavaro". They're all part of the Don Pablo Collection!
2. It's ranked the #6 resort out of 102 resorts in Punta Cana.
3. 89% of customers would recommend this resort to their friends.
4. All of their rooms are Juinor Suites so they all come with hydro massage bath tubs and a separate jet shower with hydro massage as well!
5. It's adults only (although the three next to us aren't).
6. We have our own exclusive, adults only, private white sand beach!
7. There are MANY activities to do at the resort and nearby!
8. We have what they call the "Luxury All-Inclusive" package which includes:
* UNLIMITED top shelf and international drinks (Absolute, Johnny Walker Black Label, Jim Beam, Captain Morgan, etc.) and food! While our resort has four restaurants, there are a total of eight on property. Finally, there are two types of restaurants one can dine at: buffets and "a la carte." You can eat at buffets without reservations, whenever they're open. MOST of the resorts only allow you to make up to three reservations at the a la carte restaurants during a seven day stay. Our resort is different. They allow unlimited reservations at all of the a la carte restaurants within the four properties!
* 24 hour room service
* Turn down service at night.
* Free wi-fi in the lobby (almost all resorts charge for this in the Caribbean).
* All local taxes and gratuities are paid!
* Our resort has a few pools and we have access to a total of five swimming pools throughout all four resorts.
* Our resort has a few bars and we have have access to a total of 10 bars (two snack bars, four wet bars and four lobby bars).
9. The resort is only 30 minutes from the airport.
10. We have access to a spa (for an additional charge).
11. They have an amphitheater on the property.
12. Movies are played every night on the beach!!
13. Access to large sun terraces with sun beds!
There's more to it but those are the highlights! Thanks to everyone that helped make this Honeymoon a dream come true! Jes and I can't thank you enough for your generous donation. We can't wait to share our pictures with you upon our return!